Corvus' Miniatures

Painted sf & fantasy miniatures by Gerrie Schenck

Drune Red Karnagh

Finally finished this figure, and I'm very happy about it. There's a lot of room for improvement of course: I really need to train my NMM technique again and some details are a bit rushed since I really wanted to finish this figure. But in general I think it's quite good for the first real showcase piece in almost two years :)

I'm also very pleased about the base: I used plaster and real rocks, together with sand, fine flock, real branches and some dried grass. The pictures also turned out pretty well.

If you care to vote: http://www.coolminiornot.com/228156


3 comments:

Kingdom Death said... @ July 31, 2009 at 10:11 AM

You really made the simple color choices work well. I think i would have made the mistake of making the flesh too bright. Great mini!

Toosh said... @ August 5, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Hey Gerrie - lovely model! Love the skintone. Looks like you are getting back into your modelling in a really good way :) Hope we get to Antwerp as planned so we can meet up.

Anonymous said... @ August 9, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Encore un joli travail de peinture!Impressive!Hope to still call upon your services for a commission work!

Fab

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Facebook

Corvus' Miniatures on Facebook