Corvus' Miniatures

Painted sf & fantasy miniatures by Gerrie Schenck

Drune Karnagh Rouge WIP I - a return to painting Rackham

I'm still working on the Imperial Valkyrie, but it's monotonous work. Basecoating and shading is finished on the entire model, so I promised myself a small reward when I got that far. So I looked into my closet containing unpainted miniatures (good luck there aren't too many of them) and noticed this old Rackham figure lying around: a Red Karnagh from the Drune army.

I realized it's been more than 2,5 years since I last painted a Rackham mini. A shame really, since it's the manufacturer which dragged me deep into the mini painting hobby... I'm still a great fan of the figures. Anyway I want to show you what I'm working on.

I'm going for an alternative skin tone here: some red-brown was mixed in the base coat, together with a touch of violet. Shading was done by mixing in more brown and violet, for the highlights I used light flesh with some pink mixed in. I finished the skin with a glaze of the basecoat with some extra violet.



I'm not 100% happy with the final result, some highlights are a bit too rough (like on the chest) but some areas look pretty decent (left arm and hand).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Facebook

Corvus' Miniatures on Facebook