Corvus' Miniatures

Painted sf & fantasy miniatures by Gerrie Schenck

The next experiment

As mentioned in my previous post, I'm in a creative, experimental mood these times. The Vanguard Trooper is far from done, but I'm eager to start working on a second miniature. This implies the chances of the Trooper getting finished soon have dropped quite a bit :) But I guess that's the price which have to be paid to quickly advance your techniques.

I've never been a big fan of Games Workshop's figures in general, and the way they are painted. But I must admit that over the past year I really started to appreciate the studio paintjobs of their new releases. Especially the new Necrons and the latest Dark Eldar releases. They inspired me to give the 'Eavy Metal way of painting a try myself. Last week I was on the brink of impulsively buying some GW minis to give this technique a try, but then I remembered I still have a perfect figure for this: the Games Day Chaos Sorcerer, a leftover from my trip to the 2010 German Games Day.

Not much done so far, but I'm quite happy about the effect of the edge highlighting on the robe.



2 comments:

dancing platypuss said... @ October 30, 2011 at 11:27 PM

o i think it looks pretty cool black is pretty hard 2 illuminate

Anonymous said... @ October 30, 2011 at 11:50 PM

I've always liked GW's models but I never got why they presented them with such horrid paintjobs :)

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Facebook

Corvus' Miniatures on Facebook