Corvus' Miniatures

Painted sf & fantasy miniatures by Gerrie Schenck

Golden Demon Germany 2010 event coverage

It's been 4 years now since my last Games Day. So it was about time to drive to Köln once again and witness this event from nearby. My friend Jasper aka Mordred decided to join me on this trip.

When we arrived we first did a quick tour of the show, checking out some of the new Warhammer Forge stuff, really amazing stuff. Then we waited almost 45 minutes in a line to buy some figures at the Forge World store. I bought some Tau Air Caste ground crew.

After that it was time to check out the Golden Demon entries. There were fewer entries than last time I was there, then the display cabinets were really packed with figures. But the quality level was still the same of course.

I placed my bets on a Skaven versus Ogre duel entry I've seen earlier on the Massive Voodooblog. And yes, in the end it won a golden demon and the Slayer Sword.

So let's start off the pictures with the sword winner by Raffaele Picca.


























4 comments:

Schnitzel said... @ October 17, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Wow... I don't think I could ever attend one of these (as a spectator)... The sheer quality of everything really does blow my mind. I wouldn't even know what to do. Might even go into show if I was there... :O

I must say though, my favorite one over all is the Imperial Fist. Beautiful.

scottsz said... @ October 18, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Many thanks for taking the time to post all of those pics. Incredible diorama work!

Unknown said... @ October 18, 2010 at 6:52 AM

thnx for the pics; I intended to go; but it turned out otherwise. This way I still get to see somethings.
:o)
greetz
griffit.

Warhammer 40k said... @ November 16, 2010 at 6:08 PM

I always feel like I'm a good painter until I see pictures like the ones above.

Outstanding work and a standard that I hope I will get close to one day.

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Facebook

Corvus' Miniatures on Facebook