Corvus' Miniatures

Painted sf & fantasy miniatures by Gerrie Schenck

Testing out green stuff press molds

People who follow me on Twitter will have noticed I've been experimenting with green stuff press molds for the last couple of days. I also blogged about this technique some time ago.

Well I finally got round trying it out for myself and I'm very pleased with the results! I decided to test the mold making with some very small bits (from the Space Marine commander sprue), and a larger one (from the Space Marine drop pod sprue). I used some round Warhammer 40K bases to make the molds.


Col. Corbane said... @ November 6, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Now that's clever, never realised you could get such detail with press molding.

Thanks for sharing mate.

candiedwhiskey said... @ November 6, 2009 at 3:37 AM

Very cool- is there a tutorial that you're basing this off of, or is it from scratch experimentation? At what size/depth do the molds become infeasible?

I'm just curious is all :)

Corvus said... @ November 6, 2009 at 7:58 AM

I knew this technique existed, but recently I read more about the subject and learned about some useful tips to really make this work. Check out this blog post for more information: I meant to include this link in the post but I forgot :)

Karitas said... @ November 6, 2009 at 11:04 AM

This is a great technique which
I use these a lot, for chapter badges and the like, I first learned of it from Big Jim

And I'm thinking about doing this for some script on the GK conversions i'm working on myself, I'll let you know how it goes :)

Elazar The Glorified said... @ November 6, 2009 at 2:22 PM

I will definitely be using this method. Been looking for an easier way to Slaaneshify (new verb!) some of my Warriors of Chaos etc and this could well be the answer. Thanks for posting!

Post a Comment




Corvus' Miniatures on Facebook