Corvus' Miniatures

Painted sf & fantasy miniatures by Gerrie Schenck

Continued where I left off

I did two short painting sessions this week, finally :) I decided to continue where I left off: Rackham's Bregan-Apostate of Darkness. Before my break I already painted his cloak, now I'm doing the armor bit by bit, until I get to the skin. I know there are a bunch of errors on the figure, which is normal when picking up a brush again after a 10 week break I think, but there's still a lot of brush control and confidence.

Here's what I have so far:


4 comments:

The Mad Robot said... @ June 26, 2011 at 4:14 AM

Impressive work, sir :)

Stephane SIMON said... @ June 26, 2011 at 11:26 AM

yes good work, i look forward next step!

Avicenna said... @ June 29, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Looking good Gerrie

What made you decide to do the armour before the flesh? I usually paint the flesh first and build up on top of that.

Take care dude

-Peter

Corvus said... @ June 29, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Hey Peter, thank you for your comment!

I usually do the same, but this miniature is quite large and complex, and I didn't have too much time in the first painting session after the cloak so I decided to start with a small piece of armour first. Doing the skin would probably take too much time and I really hate stopping half-way when working on a certain surface. Doing the armour bit by bit also allows me to really focus on the swirls and details.

Thanks again! It's good to see you around.

-Gerrie

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Facebook

Corvus' Miniatures on Facebook