Corvus' Miniatures

Painted sf & fantasy miniatures by Gerrie Schenck

Mantic undead versus elf vignette WIP II

Assembling and basing for this little diorama has been very fun, but unfortunately the priming didn't go so smoothly. Since a few months I'm using Army Painter primer. Great stuff, but the can sprays a lot more primer than your usual canned varnish or primer. I primed the skeleton first, so he got way too much primer on him. Especially the skull and most of the frontal areas, such as the shield. The base and dead elf came second, they were primed to near perfection, simply because I got used to the Army Painter primer again...

Normally I would go crazy when something like that happened, but not this time, since I already decided I wouldn't paint this one up to a very high standard. I'm going for a quick paintjob on this one... there are some miniatures in the mail I will be reviewing and painting soon. This is still a secret project, can't tell you guys anything more at the moment, sorry :)


1 comments:

Tristan M said... @ April 6, 2010 at 10:29 PM

A shame about the primer - still think the skelly looks pretty good.

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Facebook

Corvus' Miniatures on Facebook