Corvus' Miniatures

Painted sf & fantasy miniatures by Gerrie Schenck

Mantic Games Elves command sprue and bases

Last month I showed you a pre-production sprue of the Mantic Elves spearmen. Well actually that sprue comes together with another one in the same box: the command sprue, which I want to show you now. I've only took pictures of half the sprue, since the other half is identical to the regular spearmen sprue. I can't really add much to my previous review... the molding is excellent again and here too there are plenty of options and extra bits. Check them out:



I've also received a lot of questions concerning the size of the bases and how they compare to those of Games Workshop. They measure 20 x 20 mm and have straight edges. For a comparison: check out the pictures below.

6 comments:

Anonymous said... @ September 26, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Why did you compare the Mantic 20mm bases against a GW 25mm base instead of a GW 20mm base?

This will give some people the impression that the Mantic bases are the wrong size when in fact they are exactly right for High Elves in Warhammer Fantasy Battle.

Corvus said... @ September 26, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Because people asked me to.

Vidd said... @ September 29, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Looking good.

Now if they expand their lines out a bit, I'll be very interested.

Carl Brown said... @ October 2, 2009 at 5:42 PM

I know I shouldn't start anymore projects but I'm really tempted to put together a little Elf force to give these minis a spin.

The little extra details like the pets etc. on the sprues are quite a pull for me.

Nocturus said... @ October 26, 2009 at 8:25 AM

Could you show some pictures with a fully assembled Mantic Elf Standing Next to a GW High Elf for hight comparison? I've heard they are a good bit shorter than their GW counterparts.

Noc

Corvus said... @ October 26, 2009 at 10:19 AM

I don't own any GW Elves, sorry.

But I can confirm the Mantic Elves are a lot skinnier and smaller than the GW ones.

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Facebook

Corvus' Miniatures on Facebook