Corvus' Miniatures

Painted sf & fantasy miniatures by Gerrie Schenck

Mantic undead versus elf vignette WIP I

Using two figures from the Mantic undead sprue and some bits from the Mantic elves sprues I started working on a new project. At first I wanted to do the skeleton alone, but then I thought it was cool to add the undead dog and the dead elf from the


Everything is mounted on a plastic cup, which will be primed and painted black. I used some cork to make a surface for the base, then used some plaster to create the broken tiles and used some sand to fill everything up. Easy, but looks good. I might do a little picture tutorial on the plaster tiles later... I've taken some pictures of the progress.

8 comments:

Takoda said... @ March 28, 2010 at 8:22 AM

Looking forward to see it painted up! Looks really nice already :)

demi_morgana said... @ March 28, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Waiting to see it done soon!
These Mantic deaders are so nice!!!

Tristan M said... @ March 28, 2010 at 4:10 PM

which sprue is that dead elf from? (that sentence gets cut off)

lookin' good dude, great idea to use a cup for the base.

Corvus said... @ March 28, 2010 at 6:16 PM

@Tristan: it's from the elf spearmen sprue

Tristan M said... @ April 4, 2010 at 3:49 PM

Are you sure it's not the spearmen command sprue or something? I only have two boxes of the elf spearmen and my dead elves don't look like him.

Anonymous said... @ April 10, 2010 at 12:00 AM

how many undead dogs did the skeletons come with? I need a stack of them for a conversion.

Corvus said... @ April 10, 2010 at 9:28 AM

@mathammer: only one

Shadow said... @ April 26, 2011 at 3:21 PM

ey this figures look like D&AD games figures, you know the figures that use the players to represent their characters and enemies.

Post a Comment

 

Followers

Facebook

Corvus' Miniatures on Facebook